Neighbor Disputes

Are you in a persistent dispute over property lines, encroaching trees or barking dogs? You may require the assistance of an attorney. Call Rob Backus or Evan Barquist to find effective resolution to conflicts with your neighbors.

Rob Backus.jpg

Rob Backus

Rob can help you resolve your neighbor dispute through mediation or in court.

Evan Barquist.png

Evan Barquist

Don't let your dispute escalate. Consult with Evan and learn your rights.

How We Can Help

In some cases, a dispute with a neighbor requires assistance from a professional to bring the parties to a resolution. Occasionally it is necessary to take these cases to court. We have successfully worked with clients who were in ongoing conflicts with their neighbors and needed the expertise of a lawyer to find a remedy, whether by negotiation or by litigation. Some common disputes include the following:

  • Encroaching trees and vegetation

  • Property lines

  • Easements

  • Fences

  • Public parking

  • Flooding and water damage

  • Obstructed views

  • Nuisance animals

  • Adverse possession

If you need experienced professional help to resolve your dispute with your neighbor, call Montroll, Backus & Oettinger, P.C., today.

(802) 540-0250 | info@mblawoffice.com | 126 College Street, Burlington, VT 05401